Thursday, January 31, 2013

Brent Bearup you BEAR!

Oh Mr. Bearup you are a BEAR! Here I am a week into my adventure and I am SORE as all get out! I know that it must not have anything to do with me not being active for the last hundred and ten years! How could it be? The first week I was in the gym W, TH, & F for an hour each day. That was quite an accomplishment...

Brent has spent quality time on putting together workouts that are designed for me specifically. You see, I don't know if any of you are familiar with CrossFit or not, however, if you are you would understand just how intense this exercise is. The greatest part of working with Brent, is he takes the time to allow my body to speak to him. He knows if I am exerting too hard too fast, and he knows when he needs to make modifications to my routine. I have the pleasure of completing the Therapy and Warm up portion as the rest of the members do, then I am whisked away to another part of the gym where Brent has put together my own little circuit of things to complete.So far he hasn't given me anything that I can't do. I struggle that's for sure; however, I push my way through it and make things happen!

Week two I was in the gym M,W,TH, & F! I am still completely enjoying my experience as well as the camaraderie that comes with the atmosphere, the trainers, and the other members! I can honestly say..... I LOVE CrossFit and.... I am truly addicted! Every person I speak to, I tell them about my adventure thus far, I speak extremely high of Brent and Tom as well as try to get everyone I know to join the CrossFit gym!

Who's with me? Let's make this happen!
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment