Thursday, January 24, 2013

The next six hours

The weight has been obtained, the most important phone calls have been made to the people that were about to embark on this weight loss journey side by side with me as they are guiding me into this transformation. What was I going to do now? All I could think of was, where do I start? What should be the first thing to do? Was I going to feel comfortable in public anymore? Why is this reality so much harder than I thought it was going to be? How am I going to face myself in the mirror? The emotional strain was already wearing on me. I could not stop crying. I felt like I couldn't breath.

When I got off work that evening, I took myself and my son to the grocery store. I wanted to buy all of the groceries that I have been told to start phase one with. I did not care that I was beginning a week and a half early. I could not continue to live as I have or to go on with a fear that I would gain anymore weight and eventually see a bigger number than I already had. I spent two and a half hours at the store going through the list over and over and over hoping that I would not miss anything. I knew that I was going to get home without something that I was going to need and I did not want that. I wanted to start this transformation right now and not a minute later.

When arriving home I noticed that I had forgot four very important items! I needed a food scale, egg whites,  cottage cheese, and some baggies. I called my true and dear friend to see if she had a food scale I could borrow. When speaking to her, I told her that I had weighed myself and just how devastated I was. She told me to hang tight and she would be over to help me. When she arrived, she had went to the store and purchased the missing items that I needed to begin this journey.

She and I spent the next three hours pre-cooking a selection of proteins, measured and pre-packaged the foods that I would need for the rest of the week. This was helpful as I would have the ability to just grab and go with such a busy schedule I lead. During all the cooking and packaging, her and I had a really nice talk. She too comforted me as I was still a huge baby over my self induced reality. I was never more excited to see that day come to an end knowing that tomorrow was a new day.

Stay well my friends,
Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment