Sunday, January 13, 2013

Early Morning Text Message....

Friday night was a LONG night! Playing games with friends, laughing, drinking, having a good time when the night finally draws to an end around 230am! I feel asleep with the phone right next to my head. When in a deep deep sleep...... I hear the most annoying sound of the text message chime ringing in my head at 6am! Who was mean enough to text message me at 6am on a Saturday?!

As I raise my head to figure out the phone in the dark, the light blinds me as I am trying to read the message that states.... "Get your A** out of bed!" This message was coming from none other than "Eddie." Also known as my sponsor, dietitian, workout guru, big brother Richard! He thought it was time for me to rise and get up and begin the day with a brisk 45 minute walk. (He failed to remember the time difference between us!) This is something that I was told that I am going to have to do everyday no matter the weather!

I sent a text message back saying.... "Oh NO you didn't! Wake me at 6am on a Saturday!" He stated, "I already completed 45 minutes on the treadmill set at 4% incline and 3.8 mph. I also rode the bike for just over 10 minutes so that I could complete 3 miles." Please keep in mind that Richard has had multiple surgeries (9) this past year, with the last knee surgery only a few weeks old. He is building himself back up to his "normal" routine.  So... Due to his successes of the morning, I decided that I too must get up and at the day! I had to have Claysen to the dentist by nine and I needed a 45 minute walk and breakfast first.

I set out in the cold snowy morning for this brisk walk. Richard called while I was in the middle of the walk and asked if I was getting it done! He also stated that he wanted to give me an early birthday present! He wanted me to call him back when I had finished my walk. I hurried through the walk with anticipation as to what the surprise was going to be! Upon finishing the walk, we conversed again. You see... One of the current wishes and dreams I have for myself is to join in a PowerSeeker CrossFit gym! I had asked Richard if this is something that I should look into. He stated that it would be VERY beneficial for me and my future successes in getting this weight off and making these life changes. With that being said, I previously told him that I was not going to be able to join until around my birthday (which is in March).

Richard's early birthday present is getting me started with the PowerSeeker CrossFit Gym! I am sooooooooooooo excited I can hardly breathe! I called and got all of the information, set up an appointment to meet with Brent at the gym 11am Monday morning! I can taste my dreams coming true! 2013 is going to be one of the best years of my life!!! I am extremely fortunate to have such a great support system as I am moving into this transformation. I have all of my family, friends, and co-workers right next to me to encourage me through this entire challenge as well as through the rest of my successes with weight loss and keeping the weight off for the rest of my life!

Thank you "Eddie" for the AMAZING birthday gift! This birthday gift is just as much a gift of life as the day I was born. I look at my transformation as a "New beginning", "New life", "New chance at living life right and to the fullest", just like being "reborn". So thank you for assisting me with gaining my "new" life! I am so blessed to have you right there watching me, assisting me, pushing me when I need you to, and making these challenges possible for me. I will NEVER be able to express to you how much I appreciate you. I know I would not be able to do this without you. Please don't ever again wonder why I have always thought of you as "my hero". Ever since that day.... You know, that day back in the late 80's when you caught me in your underwear.... I was wearing them because I wanted to be just like you! It's sad that it has taken me this long to try to follow your footsteps.... I love you Richard. Thank you.....

Love,
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment