Saturday, February 23, 2013

I MADE IT!!!

My dear family and friends,
I am proud to announce that I survived the 4.2 miles today! I was the last on of 13 runners that started and finished the challenge today.... I was not sad for being the last one in.... I was sooooooooooooo happy that I accomplished the challenge before me! I don't think that I have EVER in my lifetime completed 4.2 miles... EVER! This was such a HUGE accomplishment and even more of a motivator to make me continue on this adventure I have set out to complete! I want to take a special moment and thank Adena OHare and my team! I watched each and everyone of you push to such a HUGE accomplishment today! Thank you all for meeting me outside at Newko to make the end of my journey today so AMAZING! At mile 3 I was more than ready to give up.... If it hadn't of been for the blessed encouragement from Adena the entire way, I would have had more of a struggle. When I was ready to say I'M DONE.... Adena said "turn around and look at where you came from"..... I turned around, tears filled my eyes, I turned back around and kept pushing forward! I will NEVER forget this day as long as I shall live..... I feel soooooooooo ACCOMPLISHED! To my team....... You are all so AMAZING! My cup overfloweth..... Thank you all so much! ♥

Here are some pictures of our adventure today.....












































I will never forget this day as long as I am living! Thank you BLUE Team and the few RED team members that joined..... <3

Until the next adventure....
Accomplished Monica

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you my dear friend. -Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica,
    What an amazing adventure so far, thanks so much for sharing this with us, I'm so proud of you and how far you have come. You keep right on running towards that goal beautiful lady, you are an inspiration to us all, thanks for letting us be apart of this with you. -Misty Schwandt

    ReplyDelete