Thursday, January 31, 2013

The First Week of My New Beginning

Wednesday January 16th 2013 is the day that marks the first day of my new beginning! Oh what a week that started out to be! I thought I was ready to see the damage knowing it was all about to go away, then when reality slapped me in the face..... Well, I quickly rethought how the next 100 years of my life was going to be like. The challenges that are placed before me are not unconquerable, they are merely just dedication away.

The food is pre-cooked, pre-packaged, and ready to roll! Oh but wait!!!! I don't have a lunch box! Good thing I have a 6 year old son that LOVES Spider Man! I will just have to borrow his until I have one of my own! It has been such a long time since I would take the time to pack myself a lunch that I wasn't even prepared to do so!  Next step.... Going to work and preparing myself for a serious workout that evening with Brent Bearup @ PowerSeeker CrossFit! I don't know quite what to think of that, however, it is definitely something I know that I need to do... My work day seemed to fly right by and before I knew it.... It was time to look Brent in the face and begin the exercise.

That evening upon arrival to the gym, Brent looked me in the face with his caring eyes and said... Don't you worry! Everything is going to be alright! The numbers we have... They are nothing but a starting point. Let's begin! And boy did we ever begin! It was an amazing workout. He explained to me the different techniques that are used in the gym, the importance of the techniques, and how to properly hold myself. The session was a HUGE success! When I left there, all I could think about was what would happen tomorrow!

For the next few days, life was sure different. I was sleeping better, eating clean, feeling great, and already having a sense of peace within myself. This adventure is just beginning and I am already becoming addicted. I have arranged my schedule so that I am able to go to CrossFit on Monday's, Wednesday's, Thursday's, and Friday's! The trainers Brent and Tom are AMAZING! They treat me as if they have known me my whole life! I feel extremely comfortable there, like I belong. Generally when I have gone to the gym before, I have felt HuGe, ridiculous, like I don't belong, scared, and the whole time I was there I spent the time watching the clock as to when I could just go home! But NOT now! I love being in the CrossFit gym! Not only are the trainers AMAZING, one of the other patrons had seen me working out with Brent the first couple of days and sent me a message on Facebook encouraging me as well as congratulating me on my current successes. I do belong there!

Friends...... My prayers for a successful weight loss are being answered! Thank you to all who have supported me this far and who continue to show your support.

Stay tuned, this is just the tip of my adventure. It's all down hill from here!
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment