Monday, February 11, 2013

Team workout # 1


January 27, 2013 was the first team workout! This is the time that my weight loss team gather together to have a "last chance" workout of the week. This week Kim Rose had a ton of information relating to weight gain, weight loss, challenges, facts, and statistics. The workout was not much of a challenge as she had a stack of cards with information on them. If the question or information pertained to you, you would perform the exercise that was required at the time for a two minute interval. Not all of the information or questions pertained to every person, therefore, the exercise was intermittent. Once the information was shared, Kim instructed the team to lay on mats on the floor and perform sit ups.....

She did not care if they were done correctly, she did not care if you could perform a 100 of them or if you barely got one. All she cared about was that each individual would try to complete as many of them as they could.

 I laid on the floor and began to sit up...... I counted as I was interested in knowing how many of them I could do. At 15 I began to feel as if I was not going to be able to go much more. I could here the people around me saying how hard it was and how many they could do. I.... Just kept sitting up! I know that I was not doing them all the "right" way; however, I was doing them! I started to give out a little when in the distance I could here people cheering me on. I heard Kim say is she going to stop? NO SHE IS STILL GOING!!!!

By the time I gave up I had done 40! That's right 40 sit ups! The whole team was cheering me on right till the end. A couple of the male teammates were so impressed, after class they stopped to tell me how I was "bad ass!" and that I am now one of their personal inspirations! Those were some of the best words to hear. I am not only in this adventure to better my life, I am also in this adventure to assist others with their struggles in hopes of inspiring them to join in on this amazing adventure.

I know I still have a long way to go..... But it feels damn good to know that I have had an AMAZING start at a new life! Thank you to all who are supportive and encouraging. You all make this adventure a lot easier to do!

Till then,
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment